CFO Online respects your privacy.
- What Information is Collected:
Information You Provide to Us:
We collect any information you enter on
our site, or that you give us in any other way. You can choose not to
provide certain information, but you may not be able to take advantage
of our services and features. Information we collect may include:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Billing Information such as credit card number, and billing address
- Financial Information such as bank account numbers, etc.
- Preferences Information such as product wish lists, order history, marketing preferences
- Information about your business such as company name, company size, business type
- Demographic information such as age, education, gender, interests and zip code
- Automatic Information: When you visit a website, you disclose certain information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and the time of your visit. This site, like many other sites, records this basic information about visits to our site. We use location based information to provide Services to you or to serve you more relevant ads or promotional offers, not to personally identify you. If you choose not to allow us to access your location, some or all functionality may not be available to you.
- Cookies: Cookies are pieces of information that are transferred to your computer from a web server. Most browsers are set up to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to have your browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or to refuse to accept cookies.
- Analytics: We use third party analytics to help improve our Users’ experience. These services use both permanent and session-based cookies to collect information about how our website performs and how our Users use the website and Service. The analytics tools help us evaluate and monitor Users’ use of our website, compile statistical reports on activity on the Service, and improve our content. These analytics services may collect and store more information than we collect.
- Information You Provide to Us: We collect any information you enter on our site, or that you give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but you may not be able to take advantage of our services and features. Information we collect may include:
How and When the Information is Used:
The information we collect is used for administering our business
activities, such as administering your account, fulfilling orders, order
confirmation, customer service requests, providing the financial services
you requested, as well as conducting research and analysis. Provider
members of our directory service agree to allow us to display your
information to the public in order to attract new clients who may use your
service. Occasionally we may use the information to notify you about
changes to our website, new services, or special offers.
Your personal and sensitive information may be used in conjunction with:
- Your performance appraisals
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- Any test or assessment that you might be required to undergo
- Marketing to our clients through all forms of media transfer
- How We Protect Your Information: The privacy and protection of your information is important to us. We do not make any personal information available to third parties without your permission. Your access to some services and content is password protected. We advise that you do not disclose your password to anyone. In addition, we recommend you sign out of password-protected services at the end of your session.
Who Has Access to the Information:
Information about our users is important to us. We do not sell
individually identifiable personal information to third parties. We will
not disclose any individually identifiable information to any third
party except for the following conditions:
- We may provide your personal information to our Provider members that provide services to you via our website, and to help us with our business activities. These providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide services to you through our platform.
- We may use your information collectively for research in order to improve our service to you.
- As required by law such as complying with a subpoena, or similar legal process such as investigating fraud or responding to a government request that is necessary to protect our rights or to protect your safety or the safety of others, we may be required to not disclose that such requests have been made.
- If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Methods We Use to Protect Your Information: We use security software to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. In addition, our business practices are reviewed periodically for compliance with policies and procedures governing the security and confidentiality of our information. Our business practices limit employee access to confidential information, and limit the use and disclosure of such information to authorized persons. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Blog/Forums: We offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
- Choice/Opt-Out: You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in those emails or you can contact us at email@example.com
- Third Party Information: Our third parties do not collect personally identifiable information about your individual activities on our website without your consent. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us. You may export contacts to us from your email account address book to invite other people to become members of our site. We collect email account information for this purpose only.
- Provider Listings in our Directory Service: In order to market our Provider members’ services in our Directory Service, Provider members may post certain information via our Directory Service or by communicating with our staff. This information may include, among other things detailed information of the Provider business such as pricing, etc. This Listing will be viewed by potential clients and may be viewed by our staff to ensure quality control and provide support. Therefore, no Listing is confidential. Please do not share sensitive or confidential information via our Directory Service.
- Client's Searches in our Directory Service: In order to help our clients search for our Provider member’s services in our Directory Service, Client members may post certain information via our Directory Service or by communicating with our staff. This information may include, among other things detailed information of the Clients business such as financial information. This information will be viewed by our Providers and may be viewed by our staff to ensure quality control and to provide support. Therefore, no search inquiry is 100% confidential. Please do not share sensitive or confidential information via our Directory Service if you have concerns.
- Not Responsible for 3rd Party Security: CFO Online is an interactive online service that helps clients dwto locate accounting service providers faster and easier solely based on the client preferences. We are not an accounting firmxi nor do we provide any accounting services. Any confidential information shared between our Client and Provider members is covered separately by the agreement signed between our Client and Provider. While we take measures reasonably necessary to ensure that our third party Accounting Service Providers, ISP, Data Hosting Center, Payment Processing Center and data tracking or data analysis services, keep your information secure, these organizations' practices are ultimately beyond our control. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and assume these risks.
- OAuth Authentication: We make use of the industry standard OAuth authentication protocol. OAuth is a simple, secure process that allows you to grant us access to your accounts on third party networks without sharing the passwords to those accounts. Using OAuth, the data you choose to share is securely transferred without revealing your login information. Most social networks, such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Google, allow us to access your user accounts via the OAuth process. You agree to let us use the OAuth functions for sign-up and login on our website.
- Children: This website does not provide services to children under the age of 18.
- How You Can Access Your Information: You can request access to all your personally identifiable information by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org